Recently my friend and I got a strange error on Minecraft saying not enough space on our PS4 to download a new world from the marketplace.
The issue hasn’t been solved yet by the developers in any patch till now, but a way around here is that you need to reinstall the game. Reinstalling the game after taking backup of your game or your world is not mandatory unless you want to start from zero. Minecraft storage error has once again risen up, we Minecraft players have to face it until a savior( fix patch ) from the game developer arrives.
That’s too dramatic sorry for that if you don’t like it. Moving down there is a detailed guide to take backup and how you can uninstall the game and reinstall it with other fixes.
Why I’m getting the not enough space error in Minecraft?
If you’re playing Minecraft on your PS4 then the chances of getting this bug are likely high for you. This Minecraft storage bug can also not let you game to access some important files like texture and world maps.
Having Plenty of storage space but still Minecraft telling us that we don’t have any bits lefts to download any file.
Minecraft Developers has addressed this issue but to date, they haven’t provided any fix to PS4 players. So better to assume that they don’t care for the PS4 players so don’t expect them to provide a solution regarding it( joke don’t take it seriously).
How do you fix not enough space in Minecraft?
There are three ways through which you can solve this issue.
Restarting the game and console
In this method just simply restart the game and go to the store to download again that world or assets that you are previously downloading.
In some cases restarting the game has solved the issue of storage errors telling insufficient space to download any assets or world.
If that doesn’t solve the issue then try to first close the game and then restart your PS4 and after it starts the game again.
Now try the same step to download the world or assets that you’re previously downloading, If that doesn’t solve the issue move to the next method.
Clearing game cache
To delete the game cache of Minecraft on PS4, you need to perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller and then select the Turn Off PS4 option.
- Immediately unplugs the power cable just right after the power light stops blinking in front of you.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then reconnect the power cord and power on the PS4.
- Load the game for which you want to clear the cache and while the game is loading, press and hold the L1 + R1 buttons.
- By doing so, the game will clear its cache. However, this process might take a few minutes to complete, so be patient.
After the games open visit the store and try to download the game again. My friend’s issue has got resolved by doing this, but not mine. But there is no other solution left other than this where I have re-download the game again.
Backing up and Reinstalling the game
Before deleting the game let’s first back up all the world’s data online or on your USB stick. Follow these steps and you’re good to go:
- Open the PS4 settings
- Select Application Saved Data Management
- A pop will appear if you have any game running in your background, simply hit the OK button to close it.
- Select the Data in System Storage
- From there you will get the option to upload the game data to online storage or to the USB stick( remember to plug the USB stick in at least 16GB ).
- Select the Upload to Online Storage or Copy to USB Storage Device.
- Then select the Minecraft game from the game list that will appear to take a backup( you can also take a backup of any game like this ).
- On the next screen, you will see a list of your previous world data and game data.
- Hit the Select all button to select all files to backup all the game data related to Minecraft.
- And after that simply hit the Upload Button that you can see at the bottom right side of the screen.
After backing up now you can delete the game and reinstall the game from the store. What don’t tell me that I have told you, kids, that how you can delete and install the game( go learn something on your own ).
How many GB is Minecraft PS4 2020?
You need at least 2.4Gb to install the game and to play it like downloading the other world and different skins and assets or mods then you need at least 10GB more.
How do I fix my PS4, not enough storage?
This question is out of context like those question that comes in the test, but still, just delete any other game that you don’t play regularly and only keep 2-4 Games at a time.
It not only improves the performance but also helps your bill to get reduced by some penny.
Last resort( non-voilent method )
The last method is nothing just to create a ticket through this link to the Minecraft support. For many of my issues which I don’t find solutions to on the internet, I report to the support and they handle all the load.
So just go to Minecraft support to create a new ticket and tell your issue, that you’re facing.
When will we get a fix patch for the Minecraft Storage Error?
To be honest, they have sent a fixed patch but that didn’t work for most users but was effective for the PS5 users.
MOJANG has already acknowledged this Minecraft storage error in this report and tweet. Originally this issue was getting started after they patched some services on 8 Oct 2021 suddenly after that on 22 Oct 2021 a user posted a tweet regarding this because after that patch this issue has grown more and more.
They really working on the solution to fix it as soon as possible. so stay tuned to our newsletter to get the update regarding the patch released as soon as it comes.
That’s all the solution I’m able to get for you and me and help me and my friend to get rid of this issue. Hoping that your issue has been got resolved yet at this point.In any case, related to this issue or any other issue related to the game feel free to get connected through our social media handle and we are happy to help you. For now, take care of your health and drink water.