Recently with my luck, I have faced the issue with Rainbow 6 Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25 but I resolved it with ease.
Code 4 or Error Code 4-0xfff0be25 in Rainbow Six Seige is not as common as far I have seen so far on Reddit and other forms sites. And the fix to this is also not much complex or more technical unless someone is trying to mess with badly that much.
Verify your game files from steam or uninstall battleye when prompted and install it again when you run your game again. A second way to fix is just to update the value of UseProxyAutoDiscovery from 0 to 1 in the file GameSettings configuration file, which you can find under the Documents > My Games > Rainbow Six Siege > 1b*****(long file name) > GameSettings.
There are some other methods more which can help you to fix the issue Rainbow 6 Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25.
What caused the Error 4-0xfff0be25 in Rainbox Six Siege?
The Error 4-0xfff0be25 in the Rainbow Six siege is mainly caused due to uncleared or expired DNS cache and also because of a corrupted network file present in the game folder.
If your connection is slow or running with high packet loss like if you are using a VPN or other service like that then it’s most likely you gonna face the reconnection issue. so make sure you are not running any services like that or if you don’t have any other choice but to use VPN to play them then make sure you’re using Premium VPN not the free one.
In a few cases, I have seen heavy data consumption apps( like downloading and streaming with high priority ) running in the background when they playing the game.
I’ll suggest that you better close those apps or run the game with high priority.
How do I fix Rainbow 6 Siege Error 4-0xfff0be25?
There is 4 method to fix the Error 4-0xfff0be25 in Rainbow Six Siege that you’re facing now. Just follow along with these methods to solve the issue.
Just Follow method and steps in the sequence as mentions down.
Verifying the Game Files
To Verify and repair the game files of Rainbow Six Siege, follow these steps and you’re good to go:
- Close the game and launch the Steam.
- Next, you can either right-click the game in your Library or click the gear icon from the game’s Library page on the far right
- From the drop-down menu, select Properties…
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes
After verifying the game file, it’s time to relaunch the game and test it. If you still face the same problem then let’s move to the next method.
Updating the GameSettings File
To update the GameSettings configuration file just follow these steps:
- Open the File Explorer
- Go to the Documents folder like “C: >Users > YourPcName > Documents > My Games > Rainbow Six – Siege > 1*****[ A Long Folder Name Will appear ]*8 > GameSettings
- Right-click on that file and select “open with” to open with notepad
- Scroll Down and see for the UseProxyAutoDiscovery=0 at the end of the file
- Change its value from 0 to 1, then it will look like UseProxyAutoDiscovery=1
- Press the CTRL + S to save changes and close the file
- Now Re-Launch the game.
After updating the GameSettings file, it’s time to relaunch the game and test it. If you still face the same problem then let’s move to the next method.
Checking the Network Connection
To check if your network or wifi( which you connected to the PS5 ) is working, just perform a speed test using any speed test tool or you can visit the SpeedTest site by OOKLA to measure your wifi or network speed and Ping.
If you see the Ping higher than 10, means the packet loss and connection instability can be very high at your end. Better to Switch your ISP or Fix it by registering complaints to them.
Flushing the DNS Cache
To flush the DNS cache from your system just perform a reboot or follow the mentioned step:
- Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
- Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
- Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.
Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Restart the computer.
After this open the steam and check for any updates and also verify the game file once more and you are good to go.
Aside from these fixes which I have provided to you, in the end, if the problem still exists then make sure to register a complaint to the Rainbow Six Siege Site for in-depth help. I hope at the is point your problem would have been resolved so enjoy the game.